March 24, 2009

Oh what a day!!!

Let's start from the beginning. Sunday night, Coop fell asleep on the couch at 7:45 and slept all night long! But the best part of the day was going to the Cardiologist for Cooper's yearly check-up. And I am HAPPY to say it will be his last! Dr. Robb Romp said that Coop's hole in his heart is closed and that he has a normal heart. The VSP (hole) is closed. PRAISE THE LORD! GOD IS GOOD! He said there was no need for a follow up and Cooper will not be limited in what he can do and will not need any special treatment. I am so happy for my sweet baby boy! Coop was such a big boy during his appointment that I rewarded him (us) with a coke slushie. Boy did he enjoy that drink. He loved it! When I pulled into the garage, I looked back and to find Cooper with his slushie upside down and he was shaking his slushie upside down. Yep, that's right! My sweet little angel had coke slushie all over himself and the car seat. I had to disassemble the entire car seat and wash every part of it. To end our eventful day, Coop put himself to sleep! He cried for a bit and then laid down. He woke up again at 11:30 crying. I went in there and he was on his couch crying. So I picked him up and gave him a big hug and put him back in his crib. And there he slept ALL NIGHT LONG!! I am so proud of that precious little boy!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmm, coke slushy! I had one myself yesterday too Coop!

Knocked Up in Bama said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!

Whooo hoo! (I'm doing a happy dance...for his heart, not so much for the slushie mess!)

Margie said...

Thanks friends! I apprecitate it!

The 6 W's said...

Praise the Lord! That's an awesome praise!! I'm happy for you and little Cooper!

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26