March 23, 2009

I guess it's time...

Cooper and my game plan for his crib are totally different. I was going to keep him in the crib until our week vacation together in the summer. That week, was going to be the week for everything. We were going to convert his bed from crib to toddler bed, work on potty training, get rid of "papppy", and break our BAD bedtime habits. I know, its my fault as a mommy. At least I will admit it! So this weekend I was hanging out with some of my mommy friends and I decided to let Cooper "cry it out" for nap on Sunday. It is best for both him and I for this to happen! So, we started the process at 1:15. I put him in his crib and walked away. He cried HARD for about 45 minutes. I kept going back in and reassuring him that everything was okay. He throw EVERYTHING out of his crib. Finally he started "giving up". He fell asleep standing up. Finally he laid down. Then he was back up again. He did this until about 2:30ish. Then he got quiet. A scary quiet. And then all of a sudden...Here's Cooper. The little guy, jumped out of his crib. Not once, not twice, but THREE times!! After the first time, I returned him to his crib. The second time, I recorded it and returned him to his crib. Then it got quiet again. I called my dad to tell him and then I hear the pitter patter of little footsteps coming down the hall. He is smiling from ear to ear, waves and says "hey!". At this point, I cant breath I am laughing so hard. I know that I shouldn't have done that, but I honestly couldn't contain myself. So, needless to say after 2 hours of mommy standing strong, Cooper had no nap. But he did crash on the couch at 7:45 and slept in his crib all night. I guess his plan wins, I will be converting his bed sooner than I had planned. At least, he is less likely to hurt himself escaping from a toddler bed. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26