November 29, 2009

Happy Birthday my sweet son...





This post is a week late, but here goes...

Three years ago, on November 22, 2006, was the day that I became a mother. It was the best day of my life, all because of you. My pregnancy was a good one. Like all others, it had it's ups and downs. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was the most amazing experience to have you growing inside me. I worked up until the day you were born. We went for my weekly check-up at the office in Alabaster. The doctor wondered how in the world I worked that day because you were ready to join the world. Your head was so far down and ready to come out. So, your dad and I rushed home, got our bags and headed to St.Vincents hospital. They hooked me up to some machines to track my contractions. I never felt them except for my back hurt pretty bad. The doctors broke my water and that was by far the weirdest feeling ever! I pushed for hours and you didn't want to come out. Your BIG head was turned sideways and the doctors talked about doing a C-section...which I did not want. So I pushed some more and you finally arrived at 8:52pm. Your dad,Nonna, and Aunt Lea were the first to welcome you into the world. Everyone else was in the waiting room anxiously to meet Cooper Andrew Davenport. You weighed 6lbs5ounces and were 18 1/2 inches long. All I wanted after the excitement wore down was a McDonald's cheeseburger. Funny thing is that now you LOVE "Cheeseburger house" cheeseburgers! So, that is your story in a nutshell. I can't believe that you are already 3. You have brought so much joy to my life. The things you say and do amaze me everyday. My goals for you before you turned 3 were for you to be potty trained, in a big boy bed, and to not have your pappy. And all 3 were accomplished! YAY US! You love school, your grandparents, and just people in general. You love playing outside, books, cars, firetrucks, trains, movies, cooking, and helping around the house. You are my angel and I can't wait to experience more wonderful days with you! Thanks Cooper for loving me unconditionally.

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26