May 07, 2009

Coop has the Croup!

My sweet sweet son has the croup. On Monday night around 2am, Coop started coughing like a barking seal. I ran in there to find him standing up gasping for air. That was one of the most scariest moments of being a mommy...so far. I tried to give him his breathing treatment and that just upset him 10x more. Which made him barely able to catch his breath. I was panicking and crying. All in all, trying to stay calm for Cooper. I called my parents and Bernard came straight over. My mom told me to take him in the bathroom, close the door, and run the shower on hot. So, that is where Bernard found us when he arrived. My first reaction was to throw Coop in the car and head to the ER. Coop went straight to Papaw when he arrived. He was calm at this point. I called the after hours nurse. She said that it sounded like Coop had croup. For the rest of the night, Coop slept with Papaw in the recliner. He didn't cough much more the rest of the night. The next morning, I went to work and Coop went to Papaw and Nonna's house for the day. We spent the night that night with my parents for help and support. I was able to stay with Coop on Wednesday and that night we headed to Grandpa and Grammy's house. And tonight, Grammy Bobbie is coming into town to help out tonight and tomorrow. We are so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents in Coop's life. As of today, he is still running some fever and coughing a good bit. Just keep my little man in your prayers.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Feel better, Cooper! We're thinking of you! :)

Avery Tales said...

I'm so sorry that little Coop had the croup! That sounds like the title of a kids book! Hey, now there's an idea! I'm glad he's feeling better.

Margie said...

I thought he was getting somewhat better. Now he has an ear infection PLUS still has to take his breathing treatment, PLUS steriods, PLUS allergy meds. GEEZ!! My poor little guy cant catch a break for nothing!!! Maybe I should write a book titled Coop has the Croup! thanks for the idea Lu!

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26