November 14, 2008

In the mind of an (almost) 2 year old...

Where do I begin...On Thursday morning, I slept until 6:15. That is kinda late for me, but I needed my rest. My mom and Nonna decided to keep me out of school today so I could rest up for that night. See, my mom HAD plans for us to go to a church function with Mack and his mommy, but you see...I had plans of my own. My plans for the day were to NOT take a nap until 4:00 and to NOT eat lunch. Man, was my Nonna trying really hard to make it all happen, but me being almost 2, I really didn't want to do anything she wanted me to do. So around 12:00, my Nonna called my mommy at work and told her the NO napping situation. My mom told her that surely I would crash soon. Boy, did I have them fooled!! So around 3:00, my papaw got home and we went outside to play. I guess my papaw's plan worked because at 4:00, I was out like a light. At 5:20, my mom came to pick me up. And let me tell you, I WAS CRANKY!! I did not want to put my pants on and I gave my mom a run for her money! On the ride home, I was actually a pretty happy camper until we started getting close to the house. See, my mom told me that we were going to see Mack. But since I am soooo smart, I knew that Mack didn't live in our neighborhood. But what I didn't understand was that Mack's mommy and Mack would be at my house. So, here's where the story gets crazy. My mom and I pulled into the driveway, and Mack's mom was in Mack's dad's truck. I really wanted to ride in that truck and I surely let them know. I screamed and pointed at that truck. I said "dis" and "truck", but they didn't do as I said. Then Mack and Mack's mom decided they wanted to ride in our car. I wanted NO PART of this! What were they thinking?! I was so upset and Mack's mommy tried her best to make me happy. She even gave me Mack's goldfish. To make a long story short, the only place the 4 of us went last night was to the gas station and back to my house. Once we were back at my house, I was HAPPY and ready to play with my best bud Mack. And I can assure you that this is only the beginning of MY TERRIBLE TWOS!!!

4 comments:

Knocked Up in Bama said...

lol...Love Coop's storytelling!!

Margie said...

Would you believe how well he is talking to only be 23 1/2 months old? He is super advanced!!

Megan said...

Coop, you're a mess!

Jen said...

yeah that's about how the night went!!...but that's ok!! we still had a blast!! we will have to do it again very soon!! that's life with a two year old!! take it or leave it! mommies are just along for the ride!!

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26